Monday, March 10, 2008

March 8, 2008 Horses love essential oils, too!

I have been teaching an introductory aromatherapy workshop at the British Columbia College of Equine Therapy for the past seven years. I am currently preparing for that annual spring workshop. The students and graduates of the College have been using true essential oils with great success. Subsequently, equine aromatherapy is becoming very popular.

This year, I am able to incorporate both the workshop, attendance, and an aromatherapy presentation at the first symposium presented by the Canadian Association of Holistic Equine Practitioners, called Equine Holistic Awareness Symposium. It is Saturday, April 19th at the Armstrong, BC Fairgrounds. For further information please see www.cahet.org

My book, Essential Guide to Animal Aromatherapy, has been very popular and was written with the beginner in mind. It has easy to use charts and this book can go with you everywhere.

For those who wish to have a more in-depth study of the use of true aromatherapy for animals, I offer a Certified Animal Aromatherapist program through the Western Institute of Aromatherapy.

I have recently moved my office and as soon as I am able to locate the files with the case studies regarding horses, I will post them on my website.

Most people as how and where to get started using essential oils. The essential oil starter kit for the beginner is offered at The Fragrant Garden website. It comes with guidelines on how to use essential oils for horses. I sincerely hope you will enjoy using essential oils as much as I have for the past eighteen years.

Carole Collins, RMT, CPA, QBT, BMsc
Certified Aromatherapist
Quantum Biofeedback Technician
www.thefragrantgarden.ca
www.westerninstituteofaromatherapy.ca

No comments: